Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday.

This morning I was tired.. of eating eggs... of feeling uncomfortable.... of sleeping hugging a pillow... I want carbs and sugar and a flat tummy.  The dishes were piled high and the house still is not put together.  In about six weeks Lila will be here.  Can you ever be ready?  I want someone to come over and find a place for all the small stuff I still haven't put away.  I can enjoy cleaning I just hate picking up...
Then my beautiful mom called.  I burst into tears as soon as I hear her voice.  I want a hug from her now.  But 1500 is too far away for a hug.  But the next best thing, she kept me laughing for the next hour.  It made me feel better, and makes me miss my family so much more.  I need to call my grandmother.  I miss her more then words can say and I should call her more often.
I went to the doctor and picked up a blood sugar monitor (I am lost on the real name of the device)  For the next six weeks I will be poking a finger four times a day.  Thats not so bad... but what goes along with poking that finger is not eating the food I love.  No fruits (minus lemons, limes, and apples) no bread, no pasta, even some veggies are a no go.  Luckily when Lila is here I can eat whatever I want.  I am a pretty healthy eater but I do have a sweet tooth, but I dont sit around all day eating chips and candy and drinking soda.  My hips hurt...
Now looking out the window, my favorite light of the day has arrived so I will go and enjoy it before it is dark.  

No comments:

Post a Comment